Wednesday, September 07, 2005

So, I'll be wearing glasses from now on.









Today I went to the eye doctor because I'd been having really intense headaches, especially when trying to look at things - which happened, quite obviously, all day long.

He told me that I have an astigmatism, which is an extremely common condition which causes one's vision to be blurry. He said that in order to see a sharp image, I have to squint, and that's what causes my eyes to hurt and my sweet little head to ache. This is not the same as needing reading glasses or being near-sighted or that kind of thing.

So, the doctor said that in order to avoid the headaches, I will have to wear glasses all the time.

My eyes have been my one physical feature that people have always praised, so it hurts to think of hiding them behind glasses. And the glasses I will be getting (well, the frames) have to be the ones that are covered by my insurance, so I'll have to settle for "whatever," and that may not necessarily equal "fashionable."

I searched the www and found a site that allowed people to "try on" their glasses. Wonderful! If only they allowed switching to another model, but they didn't. So I just tried these on. Lucky for me, I was able to see them both in "internet mousy" and in peach/lime. You can see the results. I will (of course) pick a pair in person, tomorrow, and will see what comes of it.

The final photo is one of me at the doctor's office as I waited for my appointment.

See ya.